1. The content of this website does not constitute professional legal advice. If you are unsure about any legal issues when creating your document, you should obtain professional legal advice. Draftdocs can refer you to a legal practitioner or firm, if you so request.
2. Draftdocs has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the legal clauses that will be inserted in your document are valid and effective for the type of document that you decide to create. However, as it is a draft document it is intended for discussion purposes only.
However, the validity and effectiveness of the document itself depend:
- On the type of document that you choose to create; and;
- On the answers you give to the questions asked of you by Draftdocs.
3. We are not responsible for the choice you make regarding the type of document that you require. Only you know the transaction for which you are producing the document. If you are not completely certain that the document type you intend to choose is the right one, you must either contact us or speak to your professional adviser before proceeding. You are fully and solely responsible for your choice of document type.
4. Draftdocs is not responsible for any mistake that you make in understanding the questions or how to answer them. If you are not completely certain about the meaning of a question or about how you should answer it, contact us before proceeding. You are fully and solely responsible for the relevance and accuracy of your answers.
5. Draftdocs is not responsible for any mistake that you make in the information you supply. If you are not completely certain about the information you are supplying, you must check it before proceeding. Draftdocs advises that you review your answers before submitting them to us. If you are unsure about the information you supply, please contact us or your professional adviser. You are fully and solely responsible for the accuracy of the information you supply.
6. You must indemnify Draftdocs in relation to any cost, loss, liability, or damage that you, your client, or a third party suffers as a result of:
- Your failure to choose the correct document;
- Your failure to answer all or any of the questions completely and/ or accurately;
- Your failure to seek legal or other professional advice; and/ or
- Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
7. You must continually indemnify Draftdocs against any cost, loss, liability, or damage that is incurred by Draftdocs as a result of your use of Draftdocs.
8. Where Draftdocs is prohibited by law from excluding all implied warranties and conditions, or from limiting liability, then Draftdocs hereby advises that liability will be limited to, at our option:
- Replacement of the document you requested us to draft on your behalf;
- Supply of some equivalent document;
- Repair of the document; or
- The payment of the cost of such replacement, supply or repair.
9. Draftdocs remains the owner of all the intellectual property and know-how that resides in our systems.
10. You get no property right whatsoever in relation to the Draftdocs documents and systems, but you will own the document that was created by Draftdocs for you.
11. If Draftdocs discovers that it has lost revenue through your misuse of our system or your breach of these Terms and Conditions, then we may recover from you each of the following:
- The revenue we have lost;
- Our costs of discovering our loss and the extent of it;
- Our costs of recovering the revenue; and
- Interest on any amount owing under this clause.
12. We are not responsible in any way for any liability, loss, damage or expense that arises directly or indirectly from a problem that occurs by any virus infecting our system.
13. All your personal and billing information that is identifiable to you will be kept confidential, and will be protected by security identification particulars. Draftdocs will not disclose that information (in a way that makes the information identifiable to you) to anyone else without your consent.
14. Due to the nature of the products that Draftdocs offer to you for purchase, we do not allow any refunds, returns, or exchanges. However, we may do so, at our absolute discretion, in exceptional circumstances.
15. To apply for a refund, a return, or an exchange, you must contact us and in writing set out:
- Your contact details;
- The history of the transaction;
- A copy of the document prepared for you by Draftdocs for which you now seek a return, refund or exchange;
- The reasons that you want a return, a refund, or an exchange; and
- Any other information or materials we ask for that we believe is relevant to our decision.
16. All prices are expressed in Australian dollars.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
18. By purchasing a product from Draftdocs you are acknowledging that you:
- Have read and understood these Terms and Conditions of Use; and
- Agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
19. You and We acknowledge the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and agree that these terms are fair and reasonable and are not detrimental to any party.